Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thanks for all the help!

There are so many helpful websites out there for business owners; whether you are just starting out, or looking to grow, or are a woman owned business (like mine!), or seeking networking opportunities...the list goes on and on. I have visited countless websites over the last eighteen months; from the day that I decided to give this business ownership thing a try, and just about every day since then. Many websites have been a godsend and some entertaining; some a waste of time and space (cyberspace!). I just want to give you a short list of the websites that have been of the most help and inspiration to me.

  1. First and foremost is the website "Start Up Nation" at www.startupnation.com. They have the most uncanny ability to cover the subjects that are bothering me at any given time. And, when I was trying to set up my network, they gave me personal one-on-one advice....which they probably won't appreciate me telling you. Their articles are concise, short, and interesting. And, the whole attitude of the website is so encouraging and upbeat...I love that! I feel like I am talking to a person, instead of just reading some dry, old words that were tossed into cyberspace. So, thanks to all of you at S/U Nation for sometimes being the only bright spot in a crappy day!
  2. You may be surprised at my second choice, but I am impressed with their level of customer service and the overall intelligence of the website and the staff. I enjoy the Microsoft website for small business (www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness) and have had the pleasure of attending some of their webinars, which were extremely helpful and informative. So, thanks to you, Microsoft, you big monster company, for making this little, teeny-weeny company feel important and confirming my existence!
  3. And, last but not least, I am super impressed with my software vendor, AlaMode. (www.alamode.com) Their website is aimed at those involved in real estate, but anyone would appreciate the quality of their presentations, their webinars, and especially, their superior customer service and troubleshooting staff! Only at IBM have I seen the kind of dedication, intelligence, and patience that these people present to me every day! I cannot tell you how much it has helped me in this endeavor to know that someone was on the support kiosk 24/7 to help me if all of this crashed down around me!

That's enough gushing for one day....I just wanted all of those faceless friends out there to know how much I have learned from them and how much I appreciate their efforts!

'Til next time, then...it's all good! Deb Seivers www.appraisalpros.biz

No comments: